Composting and anaerobic digestion
David Border - operating as DBCC - is a microbiologist with 28 years of research, operational and business experience in the UK and USA. Committed to the commercial development of organic waste recycling using composting and anaerobic digestion.
This site provides information on ther services offfered by David Border and will also act as a source of information on composting, anaerobic digestions and other methods of recycling organic wastes.
Services offered by DBCC Include:
- The selection of appropriate composting and anaerobic digestion systems and equipment on the basis of technical, environmental, marketing and financial priorities
- The design, operation and optimisation of windrow, aerated static pile and in-vessel (IVC) composting systems
- The preparation of feasibility studies and financial modelling of composting and anaerobic digestion operations
- The commercial-scale composting of MSW fines, green waste, food waste, commercial waste, Category 3 wastes, anaerobic digestates, agricultural wastes and biosolids
- The development, trialling and marketing of waste-derived composts and digestates in horticulture and agriculture
- The reduction of odour problems, bioaeosols and other environmental concerns at organic waste processing facilities
- The design and trialling of operational procedures to obtain Animal By-Products Regulations licenses
- The management of major composting research projects
- Industry and technology analyses including technical literature surveys and comparative technology assessments